I'm not defending it, I just think it's absurd to be freaking out, up in
arms about not having it. The game has been out for what, 2 weeks? Has
Valve EVER had 100% documentation after release?

The people who can't seem to get their stuff working seem to be in the
minority. If you have problems, email them here, and put notes on a wiki
or a forum somewhere until Valved EVENTUALLY documents things.