Yes, you can change the number of zombies, hitboxes, etc.  I was just
listing it as an example of undocumented things you can do.

This has everything to do with documentation.
Documentation is supposed to tell us what does what, what we can change, what
we can't change, what the effects are, etc.

I want to limit my server to coop only because whenever it becomes a versus
server it sits empty, and if i want to play with my friends I have to rcon in
and force a map change, or restart it.  I don't particularly like the versus
mode.  If a lobby is set to versus mode, and my server is set to coop only, it
shouldn't join my server.  As it is, we have NO DOCUMENTATION to tell us what
the intended behavior of versus vs coop modes is, the effect of lobbies of a
different type trying to join your server, etc.

Valve Fails At Documentation.