Well....I thought a little farther on the idea, and it could be as follows:

- We set up moderators beforehand. Seeing as the moderators will be picked
in the beginning, there could end up being a probationary period for them.
- The job of the moderators will be two fold. It will take time, but that's
what it takes to be a Valve moderator.
        - The moderators will upkeep any usergroup requests. The requests
will need to contain some info about the server they run. (i.e. Server Name,
IP, company or community if applicable). If the server is only up sometimes,
maybe a link to gametracker.com will show us how legit the server is.
        - And then, of course, the moderators will, in fact, moderate the
forums.

- Server admins will be required to keep at least one of their server IP's
within their signature to stay on the list. This will allow moderators to
purge the list, if need be.
- A PM to a moderator with the request of being removed from the
list....will be the easy way to be removed.

I think there's a certain harmony with this. Linking email to the forums is
a good idea too....but I don't think it's possible. I've not heard of this
before, and I think it would be a big "security breach" within the Steam
forums as well. (i.e. not having to be logged in to make a post, etc.)

Aaron Rapp