Yeah same deal for me.  For some reason the server is counting bots and
special infected as players.  Even in co-op it's showing boomer as a
player and 5/4 on the players list.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Brent Veal
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:46 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Left 4 Dead Update Available

In a VS game, 2 survivors quit mid-map. At that point, in the players
list,
they were listed as Zoey and Bill - therefore the server still said 8/8
and
no one could join even though there were 2 free slots. However it fixed
itself after a map change. Dont know if this was just one-time glitch or
if
this is an issue.

<b...@branzone.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> When 'sv_password' had a password set we were unable to query the
server
> >> and it wasn't being displayed on the master lists. After removing
the
> >> password the servers work fine again.
> >>
> >> Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
> >>  Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:16 PM
> >>  Subject: Re: [hlds] Left 4 Dead Update Available
> >>

> >>  Looks like we had a typo in the update.  The command is
sv_gametypes
> >> (with
> >>  an S at the end)

Sugar
> [...]
> >>  > - The order that the teams play as Survivors is now determined
by
> which
> >>  > team has the higher overall score. The winning team will play as
> >> Survivors
> >>  > first
> >>  > - The Smoker tongue can now target and grab victims through
common
> >>  infected
> >>  > - Increased the cone in which a Smoker can grab a target
> >>  > - The Witch no longer cuts Smoker tongues in a radius around her
> >>  > - Boomers that explode in mid-air will now hit Survivors
directly
> below
> >>  > them with Bile
> >>  > - Reduced the damage that burning Hunters do to pounced victims
> >>  > - Adjusted the time at which players take over from bots to
avoid 5
> >>  seconds
> >>  > of the bot standing idle while the player finishes connecting.
> >>  > - Fixed some cases where versus score was not being recalculated
> >> properly.
> >>  > It is no longer beneficial to pass pills between players at the
end
> of
> >> the
> >>  > round or heal other players and then shoot them
> >>  > - Fixed a case where it was possible to spectate an AI infected
and
> hit
> >>  > +use to take them over
> >>  >
> >>  > Server Changes
> >>  > - Added convar sv_gametype that allows server operators to limit
the
> >> types
> >>  > of games that will start on their server. Default value is
> >> 'coop,versus'.
> >>  > Can be changed to just 'coop' or just 'versus' to limit to those
game
> >>  types
> >>  >
> >>  > General changes
> >>  > - Fixed a case where players would join as a dead Survivor when
> >> living
> >>  > Survivor was still available
> >>  > - Fixed a case where restarting a level due to the team dying
would
> >> give
> >>  > more than the max primary ammo on restart
> >>  > - Fixed the speaking icon showing up on the local player during
level
> >>  > transition if voice_vox was set to 1
> >>  > - The scoreboard now shows the numeric value of a player's ping
> >>  >
> >>  > GameUI
> >>  > - Quick match will now try to match to any campaign. Removed the
> >>  preference
> >>  > to match to games according to the player progressing through
all
> >>  campaigns
> >>  > - Games in a finale are now joinable via the Friends and Steam
Group