Can you use the same method used in Left 4 Dead's Survival mode where they
blocked off large portions of the maps?  Valve used .LMP files to achieve
this.  Does that work in TF2(S2K7)I'm sure someone with more mapping
experience can go further into detail on this than I can, but basically
you're loading the same map, but with the .LMP on top of it adding those
elements.  I'm not exactly sure how it's achieved, but someone here does and
can probably be more articulate on the matter.

LOL, my terminology.

                                                    -Richard Eid