From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Steven Sumichrast
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:10 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Required Killing Floor Update/Content Pack Released

Yeah, thanks for the info.

Also: congrats are in order I guess.  I put my new servers up this
week, only 5 instances.  All five have been full constantly since
being up though.  I just added three more on the VM and all of them
filled up instantly.  Now if only I had something better in game to
advertise my community than the MOTD which isn't visible because of
the perk selections screen...

That's probably the biggest irk I've got with the game right now,
John.  I enjoy hosting the servers, the game is fun.  But I really
wish I had some way to get the community name into the players faces.
If I'm going to host servers I'd like people to at least know who's
hosting them.  Not a huge problem, but would be nice...

Thanks for the update!

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:46 PM, msleeper <mslee...@ismsleeperwrong.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for the info John.
>

> On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 16:43 -0400, John Gibson wrote:
>> A required update for Killing Floor has been released. All servers must
>> update to remain compatible with the public build. This update includes
the
>> huge free "Level Up" content pack as well as many bug fixes. We are
running
>> a free weekend from now until Sunday, and could use extra servers if
anyone
>> wants to run some. Might be a good time for server hosting companies to
put
>> up some servers and get attention for their company (hint hint).
>>

>> Changelog.
>>

>> - Added an all new fireball projectile launching specimen called the
Husk.

>> - Added a new Perk called Demolitions.  This Perk's new weapons are the
>>
>> Pipe Bomb, M79 Grenade Launcher, and M32 Grenade Launcher.
>>

>> - Added new weapons for existing Perk:
>>
>>   Support: AA12 Automatic Shotgun
>>
>>   Sharpshooter: M14 EBR Semit Automatic Sniper rifle(With Laser Sight)
>>
>>   Commando: SCAR Automatic Rifle
>>
>>   Medic: MP7M Modified Sub-machine Gun(with Alt-Fire Heal Dart)
>>

>> - Added 3 New Maps: KF-Bedlam, KF-Wyre, and KF-Waterworks(the Grindhouse
>>
>> Wave 1 first place finisher)
>>

>> - Extended Perk Level to 6 with Gold Perk Icons to signify to others
>>
>> that you are Level 6. New perk levels included enhanced abilities for
each
>> perk.
>>

>> - Added 22 new Achievements focused on the new Perk, Maps, and Weapons.
>>

>> - Completely redone User Interface with a more user friendly Trader Menu
>>
>> design.
>>

>> - Implemented new Headshot system that improves headshot detection in
>> network
>>
>> games. Additionally this system fixes Insta-Kill Decap on Fleshpound when
>>
>> attacking up close, and fixes the headshot detection issues on the
Scrake.