There were all sorts of issues because Valve never used such a system
with servers before.  However, now that they know what they are doing,
we SHOULD be better off.  I remember, the first full day no one could
connect to a server.  A pre-release of the dedicated server would be
nice so that when people went to play, there are more then 3 servers
:-P