From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Shane Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 10:36 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Help.

"This isn't the case when using certain virtualization software and decent
hardware, while giving dedicated resources to the servers."

And until the day every other VPS provider follows this mindset, VPS's will
always be unsuitable for the demand a high-usage game server will put on it.
It's all well and good flogging the NFO horse, but give it a rest. A
dedicated server will always outperform a VPS equivalent of the same spec.
I'd recommend simply renting a server instead of the VPS or dedicated
solution. It's a lot of investment for a game server.