Probably 1and1?

On 07/12/2010 17:30, Drogen Viech wrote:
A german provider?! Please tell us which one it is :O
(Or me, in a personal e-mail, if you don't want to advertise hosting
companies in here).

2010/12/7 Dominik Friedrichs<d...@forlix.org>:
Just as a note, I'm running a CS:S and TF2 on a VPS from a
professional/reputable German provider, I admit there are times with lags
but those are very rare. Its a great compromise for 30 Euros a month, as
compared to their cheapest dedicated wich is around 80 Euros.
But its always a little bit of a gambling when trying out new providers,
thats for sure. Good thing is, some allow you to try out a VPS for a certain
time for free.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shane Arnold"<clontar...@iinet.net.au>
<hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 16:35
Subject: Re: [hlds] Help.

"This isn't the case when using certain virtualization software and decent
hardware, while giving dedicated resources to the servers."

And until the day every other VPS provider follows this mindset, VPS's
will always be unsuitable for the demand a high-usage game server will put
on it. It's all well and good flogging the NFO horse, but give it a rest. A
dedicated server will always outperform a VPS equivalent of the same spec.
I'd recommend simply renting a server instead of the VPS or dedicated
solution. It's a lot of investment for a game server.