We're running seven (7) 24-slot TF2 servers and 2 CSS servers on a Windows
2008 RS SP1 dual Quad Core Xeon box with 16 GB of RAM. We use RAID 5 for
disk management with 3 drives. The TF2 servers are busy and many remain full
most of the day, the CSS ones are not so much any more.

On rare occasions, an instance of SRCDS for TF2 will climb to right around
500 MB of RAM, but I haven't monitored things very closely to see why one
server might have done that. Most of the time I check them, the TF2
instances are around 320 for an empty sever to about 390 - 400 MB on a full
one. The CSS instances usually hover well below 200 MB. Our servers never
hang or need a manual restart. They will run without a hitch for over as
week without a crash until I restart the box after I do an occasional
Windows update. We're running Metamod and SourceMod with a few plugins, no
Eventscripts. We also use gameMe stats and SourceBans. The SourceBans MySql
and website are both hosted on the game server box.

It sounds like I'm bragging but I don't mean to. I'm honestly very, very
surprised at how stable everything has been for the past few months on our
end. After nearly 7 years of running SRCDS servers, this is one of the few
times I really can't complain about their stability. With that said, I'll
continue to monitor them a little more closely and if I find something
useful that explains the occasional memory increases you are seeing, I'll
report back. Feel free to email me directly (support@ <mailto:support@>
vailenterprises.com) if I can provide more specifics on this issue without
driving everyone crazy on the email list.

Good luck,

Mike V.

  _____