On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Brendan Cosman
<brendan.cos...@mammothmedia.com.au> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I've done something wrong,  I've checked a few times to
> ensure I followed those directions, but when I attempt to join a server, I
> get the following error:
>
> COM_CheckGameDirectory: game directories don't match (tf / tf_mvm_diff1)
>
> In the mean time I'm going to use what you've included below in the default
> tf directory and just accept that I can only set the mission rotation on a
> per host basis. This isn't ideal at all, but gets closer to where we need to
> be.

Ah, sorry about that.  I didn't test it that thoroughly. :-/

Well, if you are on Linux you could do some excessive bind mounting to
achieve the desired effect.

These bind mounts give you three additional paths that match the
content of the base server.
sudo mount --bind /my/tf2/server /my/tf2/server_mvm_diff1
sudo mount --bind /my/tf2/server /my/tf2/server_mvm_diff2
sudo mount --bind /my/tf2/server /my/tf2/server_mvm_diff3

These bind mounts map the configs you made earlier into those new paths.
sudo mount --bind /my/tf2/server/tf_mvm_diff1/cfg
/my/tf2/server_mvm_diff1/tf/cfg
sudo mount --bind /my/tf2/server/tf_mvm_diff2/cfg
/my/tf2/server_mvm_diff2/tf/cfg
sudo mount --bind /my/tf2/server/tf_mvm_diff3/cfg
/my/tf2/server_mvm_diff3/tf/cfg

Because of the way bind mounts work (they only bind paths, and they
don't edit the underlying fs like links do), the second set of mounts
do not modify each other or the base server.

In this case we are bind mounting the cfg directory only and that cfg
directory must contain all the configs you want to use.  For any
configs other than the mvm map configs, you can use symlinks.

It is kinda gross, but it basically gives you four copies of the
server files in the space of one.

~Rusty

PS. If you want the mounts to survive a reboot, add them to your
/etc/fstab (eg. /from/path /to/path none bind 0 0)