>Not if they can mash 'quickplay' again next time and get an identical
experience on any number of other servers.

Then provide an experience that sets your community apart from the rest.
Prior to quickplay you were still competing with other servers and had to
provide a way to convince them that yours was better. I know when I first
started playing CSS, TF2, and ZPS I stuck to the servers that tried new
community maps one day a week it was a lot of fun to try out these new maps
and it got the custom mappers to get involved with the community and take
feedback.