Everyone,

Today this afternoon (Atlanta time) we will be releasing our Revenge of the
Zeds free content pack for Killing Floor 2. This free content pack adds for
the first time ever an all new game type to Killing Floor 2 called Versus
Survival which features adversarial multiplayer with one team playing as
the Zeds (monsters) and the other team playing as the Humans. This game
type features 6 vs 6 multiplayer, which means that server hosts will now be
able to host 12 slot servers for Killing Floor 2 for the new game mode, and
12 slot servers will be required to fully support the new game mode Versus
Survival's max player count (although 3 versus 3  for a total of 6 players
will work). I do have to apologize again for the short notice to you all
about the new server functionality and the update, there is no excuse for
us waiting this long to contact you all, and we will work to give more
advance notice in the future. A few key points for this update:

- If possible we would like GSPs to start offering 12 player slot Killing
Floor 2 servers to support Versus Survival as soon as possible (today if
you can).
- It is our expectation that adding adversarial multiplayer to Killing
Floor 2 will draw in more clans and players, and increase demand for
servers (rented or otherwise).
- We haven't done extensive CPU/bandwidth usage testing for the 12 player
slot versus servers, but the testing we have done shows a bit higher CPU
and bandwidth usage, but the increase is minimal.
- We are looking for server hosts to volunteer to put up servers to support
the launch event today and this weekend. We expect to see a large influx of
new and existing players to check out the new game mode. We estimate we'll
need an additional 10,000-15,000 slots to meet the peak demand. We will
have some servers up as well to try and help meet this demand, but whatever
you all can volunteer will be greatly appreciated.

Here is some information on setting up servers for Versus Survival:

Example launch commandline for a Versus Survival server:

start ..\..\Binaries\Win64\KFGame.exe Server
KF-BurningParis?Game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_VersusSurvival?maxplayers=12

To switch to Versus Survival via our Webadmin tool:

Change Maps Tab - Select Versus Survival - More maps are listed than
officially supported - only the official supported maps show up in in game
voting. Custom community maps however can be added to the map list and
should work with versus, although they might have some issues until full
support is added for Versus Survival to the community maps.

Officially Supported Tripwire Maps:
BurningParis
BioticsLab
Prison
VoltorManor
Farmhouse

If possible we will release the server files early so you all can get a
headstart with putting servers up. We're working on QAing the final builds
now and will keep you all updated.

Thanks,

John Gibson
President