At 12:52 AM 9/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
>LOL, Rick PHLGUI is the result of me having 8 admins for my server that
>can barely use a windoze puter let alone handle installing software and
>configuring it to admin the server or use in game rcon comands. The
>reasons you like it are exactly what it was written for. Matter o fact the
>current (unreleased) version has an option for perm ban that performs a
>writeid which I am nervous about. I've instructed my admins that they are
>NOT allowed to use the perm ban option... I'm that nervous about what
>others do with my server. The only reason the option is there is that I
>use my server as a test bed for the software and I was asked to include a
>perm ban with writeid option. personally I think its beyong the scope of
>the tool... The idea was some VERY basic admin abilities without giving
>full RCON priveledges... The idea was being able to monitor whats going on
>in game (via chat messages), kick/tempban players, change maps, add a
>sv_password and thats about it. But people keep asking for additional
>features. I like the challenge of adding the features but often wonder if
>I'm losing site of the reason this project came to be...

The only thing I would like to see added is the gag command set up with a
drop down to select minutes like the ban box. Often you can keep a player
instead of kicking them and get a point across at the same time with a
short gag.

I like it not doing a writeid because my admins know they have to give me a
wonid, nick and reason if they want a perm ban, that is a good thing in
general.

There are probably a few more adminmod commands I could make use of like
vsay or psay but where does it end, I imagine some would like to see it a
full blown php version of hlgui.

Sincerely,
Rick Thompson

Network Admin - Fortweb.com