From: Jules (aka Buddha-Pest) [mailto:buddha@;buddhapest.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] New Security Modules -November 4

omg i hope you're not right.  if you are, then VAC sux :(

any client side solution can be hacked.

"[A.G.D]Beton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > Afaik the VAC-Whblock is not using any server-CPU time
> cause it is
> > > running on the Client completely. The Server is only involved in
> > > distributing the VAC-module.
> >
> > uh, i believe you're completely wrong buddy
> >
> > the whole POINT is for the server to NOT send data about
> players your
> > client shouldn't see.
>
> The popmonkey speaks the truth :)
>
> --
> Eric (the Deacon remix)

I am sorry but I think you are completely mixing HLGuard up with VAC and
donīt seem to understand the way VAC works.

The secure module is NEVER, at no point executed at the server. The VAC
Modul is a Windows-DLL! How could it be executed at a Linux Server???

Matt writes a DLL with certain Cheat-detections and the "client-side"
Wallhackblock. He uploads them to Speakeasy. All  secure Game-Servers
download these DLLs and if a Client connects he downloads them from the
Gameserver. The Client then checks with Speakeasy if he got a valid
VAC-Modul (to prevent malicious hackers). If this is confirmed,the simple,
plain VAC-DLL is executed on local client.

VAC-Whblock canīt at anytime be server-side cause the modul is not starting
at the server. HLGuard is different and has server-side anti-wallhack but
Cheating-Death and VAC are client side.

Best Regards,
Beton