Ronin wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to prove that you have knowledge above and beyond
anything short of basic.  I'm not seeing it.

Well, sometimes you can't see the wood for all the trees ;)

At least I backed up what I had to say. Can you?

You backed up what? I didn't see any references anywhere or explanations
of terms. All I've seen you do is blatantly state that I'm wrong
providing 0 evidence for the case.

I don't think you understand anything about

Well I guess that is your problem, but here it goes

CPU yields

An average of how many good CPUs you get from a wafer (do I need to
explain what a wafer is also? :D ) relative the maximum amount that fits.
Often it's also (miss)used as a term of the "quality" of the CPUs you
get from the manufaturing process (ie high yield = many/most of the CPUs
are good enough to qualify in the top speed bins).

cores

The CPU without the cashe.

CPU architecture

I've been using it in the manner of grouping the same core & stepping.
But I guess formally it's suppoed to represent eg the intel x86
architecture.
Another one of those words that are used in more then one sence in dayly
speach.

Voltage

U = R * I
Do I need to be more specific?

FSB speeds

The MB main busspeed that Intels marketing department a few years back
(when PII arrived with it's ½ CPU clock L2 cache) though would be nice
to rename into Front Side Bus (for no good reason at all other to have a
new nice expression to create hype around).
PCI, AGP, Memory and ISA busses used to have specific fractions of this
main MB busspeed to determine it's clock (cheap & effective way to keep
all busses peudosynced, but troublesome if you want to overclock some
parts but not others).

or anything that has to do with what you want to do.

I guess it might be worth mentioning CPU multiplier too, which on my Cel 300 is 4.5 x making it run at [EMAIL PROTECTED] "FSB" and 450MHz@ 100MHz "FSB".

--
/Stefan

Software never has bugs. It just develops random features. =)