On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 14:30, Andy Hodges wrote:
> Ok, this is a copy from the TOP program in Linux.  There are 8 people on the
> CS server, and the CPU is at 19% right now.

First off, run hlds as a user :)

Also, id get rid of bind, if its not 'needed'

Both are potential security issues.

Other than that it 'appears' normal.

mii-tool

Check the output of that. Often you will find that cards negotiate at
half duplex. mii-tool should output something along the lines of

eth0: 100 Mbit, full duplex, link ok

Of course depending on what card/link speed you have.

mii-tool -F 100baseTx-FD

Will force your card into 100meg full duplex.

If theres a speed/duplex mismatch on your link from the server, cpu use
can increase drastically as network traffic goes up. Common sign of
mismatch is lots of carrier errors on the output of ifconfig.

Now I am not saying this is the answer, its simply some input based on
experience :)