On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:27:45PM -0800, Ronin wrote:
> I wouldn't count on going to 2500+ speeds.  That's a pretty damn healthy
> jump (600Mhz or so).  Buying a processor for the express intent to OC is
> fine and dandy, but that's not what you want to do on a system that you plan
> on making your server.  You compromise stability in the long run, and
> overall it's simply not a good idea.

Leave overclocking to the maniacs with money to burn.  I've never
overclocked and never had CPU or strange issues.

My friends that fancy themselves as the overclocker type all have major
issues that they can never track down.  Next thing they are buying a
whole new system and start their idiot cycle again.

--
James.