<rant>
I've been saying this (mostly to myself) for the past four years or so.
Valve is trying to prepare a 500 course meal all at once and everything
is starting to taste like shit. Rather than focus on one thing at a
time, they're working on eleven bajillion things at once. It's getting
annoying but unfortunately most people, including me, find their selves
hooked on a mod (tfc, cs, etc...) and can't do anything besides sit
through all this garbage. I know Valve would be hard pressed to give a
fuck, but they need to go back to the drawing board with their
development process. I can't think of one good thing that has come to
TFC in the past four years. I can however come up with several that have
made the game a pile of feces (net code, removing exec and killing file
scans [hlguard], the fact that it takes a quad xeon with 4GB of ram to
run a 4 player server in Linux, VAC, etc...). With all the incredibly
talented people they employ, Valve ceases to amaze me when it comes to
fucking things up. I dread updates to hlds or tfc because they always
seem to redefine "horrible". I'm not looking forward to HL2 primarily
because if it's been created by the same people who have literally
destroyed a game I USED to love, I can only expect to be disappointed.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Valve. Considering this game is
what, 5 years old now and they STILL support it and update it, that's
quite remarkable and I believe everyone appreciates their dedication.
However, I wish they would get a LOT more feedback from the community
that puts dollars in their pockets before they decide to update
anything.

Whatever, I'm just angry.

</rant>