It's even more fun if you are a content provider as well as a GSP and
see other banners on your servers.  One reason why I haven't setup a
content server; amoungst other reasons.

Brian A. Stumm wrote:

I have no problem with banner adverts in the steam app but once someone
starts connecting to the game server there should be no more advertising.
I don't allow advertising on my game server including "check out
http://clanx.com"; type gamer say messages. I don't allow people to post
about their online beef jerky business (latest deleted advert on my
forums) and I certainly don't appreciate my bandwidth being used for
CONTEXT DOWNLOADS that state CONTENT PROVIDED BY (insert advertiser that
is NOT me here).

And my game community is non-profit. I'd be REALLY upset if I ran a GISP
and was seeing COMPETITORX GISP adverts when connecting to and downloading
content from my own servers...
--
Wireplay Official
http://www.wireplay.co.uk/