Trust me guys, VALVe will revert it. They have to, or nobody will take them
serious anymore.
First the admins started complaining their plugins doesnt work. Then the
coders started complaining (HLCoders). Now even the players are complaining
(See Steam forums).
I dont even have to link it, but its dominating both Source DS forums and
the CS forum. (Some VALVe fanboy mod closed it there though. Great having
the right to state your opinion on a forum)

Its like Microsoft forbidding MSN Plus (Something alot Europeans use, its
like an AIM extension). The community wants it, Microsoft doesn't like some
tool hooking in their software but yet they accept and respect it. That's
because Microsoft realises it does the community a favour and doesn't harm
anything.

I kinda like VALVe but I certainly disagree with this POV. I hope one day
the crew will realise people like to extend and to modify things when they
pay 120$ a month for a dedicated server. I think its none of VALVe's
business what people do with their server. The customer paid, the customer
gets what he paid for and might add some stuff to it. Why can't you fill a
chicken you bought in the supermarket to make some exotic dish? Why is VALVe
so eager to maintain full control over everything? It isnt like it brings
any damage to the client nor the engine.

According to some coders its fully documented by the way.

@ Steve: Get your facts straight or stay out of this discussion please.