I admit my previous posts were a bit too whiney and even offensive at some
points, so ill try again.

A fact is that VALVe does this all to maintain control. There is a big
chance plugins like NeoTF and WC3 are simply impossible because VALVe does
not like them. We are forced to use a menu that requires us to enter the
vgui. That is just annoying. The flexibility of the HL1 engine is what made
it so popular. People are mainly mad because they are afraid cool, dynamic
plugins won't be possible in the near future because "VALVe thinks thats in
the hands of the mod developer and not a plugin dev/admin" and thinks that
setting a double firerate on a person that picked up a rune is a cheat. (You
got to know OzDM to understand what I mean)

Alfred is directly related to AdminMod. AdminMod is an outstanding plugin,
hell, I idle the IRC channel every day. But people wanted more. They saw how
dynamic AMXMod was and decided to switch. All because AdminMod was just too
restrictive and didn't offer the flexibility plugin developers wanted. Then
people started to make stuff like Runes, Snarks, tripmines and of course the
immensely popular WC3 under AMX. AdminMod got more and more abbanonded
because of this.

With HL1 there was a choice; the flexible (but near abusive) AMXMod or the
convenient (but too restrictive) AdminMod. Now we are forced to use
restricted plugins, and that really freightens me. The possibilities of the
Source engine are just too awesome to "abbandon" with server plugins. Custom
classes under HL2DM, runes, CTF, extra games modes, hell even vehichles for
CS... it all would be possible if VALVe would give the plugin devs some
space to breath and allow them to use these "hacks" since they don't plan to
implemenent stuff like this theirselves. If they change some stuff, it would
be the responsability of the plugin developers to adjust it to the new
update. Maybe the plugin devs could make an auto-update feature in their
plugin. The hacks can't do any harm so VALVe has nothing to loose.

I hope I clarified the wish of the admins and players a bit more without
starting to "rant".