Thomas S. Crum - AAA Web Solution, Inc. wrote:
Well, after some testing here is what I've come up with so far.

The latest Steam update will not run on FreeBSD's base linux emulator,
linux_base.

I did get it running on the host itself after installing
linux_base-rh-9,
but I still cannot get it running within a jail. :(

You do not need to mount /proc.  [none /compat/linux/proc linprocfs
rw 0 0]
in fstab works fine.

Well I can tell u thats its just wrong as we have loads of
servers running under it both on 6.1-RELEASE and 5.4-RELEASE

[log]
./srcds_run -game cstrike -autoupdate -tickrate 100 +map de_dust2 +maxplayers
16 -debug
Auto detecting CPU
Using AMD Optimised binary.
Enabling debug mode
Auto-restarting the server on crash
Updating server using Steam.
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Checking/Installing 'Counter-Strike Source Shared Content' version 49

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Models' version 3

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Sounds' version 3

Checking/Installing 'Base Source Shared Materials' version 7

Checking/Installing 'Source Dedicated Server Linux' version 59

HLDS installation up to date

Console initialized.
Attempted to create unknown entity type event_queue_saveload_proxy!
Game.dll loaded for "Counter-Strike: Source"
maxplayers set to 32
maxplayers set to 16
Network: IP 212.135.219.178, mode MP, dedicated Yes, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
couldn't exec skill2.cfg
Executing dedicated server config file
Error: Material "sprites/bubble" : proxy "AnimatedTexture" not found!
Section [Scenes]: 0 resources total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of limit (2.10 MB)
couldn't exec server.cfg
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27011
Adding master server 207.173.177.11:27011
status
hostname:  Counter-Strike: Source
version : 1.0.0.28/7 2752 insecure (secure mode enabled, disconnected from
Steam3)
udp/ip  :  212.135.219.178:27015
map     :  de_dust2 at: 0 x, 0 y, 0 z
players :  0 (16 max)

# userid name uniqueid connected ping loss state adr
uname -a
FreeBSD yoda.multiplay.co.uk 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #1: Thu May 18
02:11:50 BST 2006   i386
pkg_info |grep linux
linux_base-8-8.0_14 Base set of packages needed in Linux mode (for i386/amd64)
linuxthreads-2.2.3_20 POSIX pthreads implementation using rfork to generate
kerne
[/log]

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]