Currently there are no good replacements for mani-admin and if it indeed
goes bonkers, 18189 public servers need to find a replacement for it.
(addon-stats here http://www.sourcemod.net/stats.php) and Sourcemod
really isnt an option because it doesnt have any admin-functions. Or if
it does, that stuff is well hidden somewhere without any documentation
or instructions how the stuff really works so before any of you start
saying how great sourcemod really is, hold back untill you see some real
content running on/in it so people can actually use it. for example,
more documentation and detailed information about cvars etc would be
nice to see. Also this thread is worth a look...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566697

There was some line on beta updates about plugin backwards compatibility
so maybe Valve has actually this time prevented mani-admin from breaking
down and they dont change core functions so it wont break. There could
be many disappointed server owners out there of mani really goes bonkers
after the update is out. Even i have considered running my servers if i
have to give up from mani-admin. Really there isnt many good options
available. There are infact 3. Matties Eventscripts (with tons of
different scripts), Mani-admin's old rival Beetlesmod (less fuctions
than mani has) and Sourcemod. Dont really know much about Sourcemod but
i guess someone can explain better than the website does.

-ics

Guy Watkins kirjoitti:
Mani has been off-line since 2006.  There is no word when/if he will be
back.  Even if he comes back, 5+ months is too long to be away.  I still use
Mani Admin Plugin 2005 V1.1.0zi.  But I have some issues, but restrictions
work fine.

I am looking to replace Mani Admin.  Please send recommendations!

Guy

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/