-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ryan Mannion
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 04:49
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Replicated ConVar fix for linux servers
(AKAmp_tournament fix)

Valve, if you do fix this "problem," I *beg* you to consider adding a cvar
to disable reporting changes in the in-game chat area, but continue
broadcasting the cvar in server queries (the current behavior in Linux
servers).

I use this "bug" to allow me to keep track of teams and classes via server
queries and thus be able to easily generate images like
http://www.ardiem.org/images/example.png . The cvars involved change every
time players switch teams/classes, so if the bug was fixed, players would be
inundated with chat spam on the cvar changes and I would have to disable
this functionality.

Thanks,

Ryan