Just to clarify - Only cvars tagged by the
engine/addon-that-provides-them as FCVAR_NOTIFY print notices when they
change. Only addons tagged FCVAR_REPLICATED are sent to the client's
engine when they change (required for things like mp_tournament to
work). To see a cvar's tags, type it in console:

mp_tournament
"mp_tournament" = "0"
--> game notify replicated <--

This plugin fixes replication, so that variables are silently copied to
the people in your game, so functions like mp_tournament work. It would
also be easy to write a plugin that disables the notify aspect of
notify-cvars, which I may do if there's demand for it.

- Neph