Aren't VAC modules updated silently and invisible? (Client side)

Saint K.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ics
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:29 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] update

Well if you announce "HEY GUYS WE JUST UPDATED VAC!", then the cheating
type of players become aware that their "vac-proof" cheat may not be
proof at all anymore and start being carefull or something. This is why
they hush hush these things. But since this seems to have applied to
servers, it may not have been VAC this time, but some font-file.

-ics