I did this:
Steam > settings (account) > login as a different user

I lasted 2-3 minutes.

Is the above the same as restarting steam?
In the past I only needed to restart steam.  Still a pain in the @$$.

My firewall/router config has not changed.  My server is behind the same
firewall as my PC.  Had this server for about 3.5 years now.  So I don't
think it is the firewall/router or the server.

Thanks.