Well Jason said in the last update notification something was fixed
with the Russian fonts. In software development usually what happens
is that you release a version of something, and then update that
release, occasionally just a few minutes(hours? days ? this is VALVe)
later.  Since the font file was the only one updated this time, I
would classify this as "one of those cases". What I mean is if they
only fixed the way one of the many Cyrillic characters was being
drawn, is there really a point to publish "release notes" ?
Pardon my language, I'm drunk.
Argentum