Thanks for letting me know.  I logged into your server and got the same
result.  I'm running L4D on Linux using Cedega, so it's no surprising to
run into little issues like this.

     - Dave

Joseph Laws wrote:
> Works fine on my setup currently at 69.65.59.239:27015 (plus forks).  I
> haven't yet figured out the exact dimension that is displayed in-game to
> adjust the graphic used, but it is definitely loading up the graphic and
> also spitting out the motd properly.  My motd.txt is html, however.
>
> The banner URL is simply dumped into the host.txt.  I'd make sure your
> link is accurate and that your server is resolving your dns properly.
> The motd is something else entirely.
>
> David A. Parker wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I edited the motd.txt file and put in a standard welcome message and
>> other information (all plain text, no embedded HTML).  I edited the
>> host.txt file to point to a jpeg file on our website, but it does not
>> show up in-game.  All I see is an empty box where the banner should be.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?  Does the URL of the banner need to be in
>> the MOTD file *and* host.txt?
>>
>>      Thanks,
>>      Dave
>>
>> Eric Smith wrote:
>>
>>> You'll setup the MOTD and banner ad by editing the attached .txt files
>>> (which are in the Left4Dead folder) to point at your images.
>>>
>>> -Eric

>>> Ph: (08) 8228 2877
>>> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> WWW: www.internode.com.au
>>> "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In
>>> practice, there is."

Dave Parker
Utica College
Integrated Information Technology Services
(315) 792-3229
Registered Linux User #408177