Howdy all,
I'm giving a talk at a conference this weekend on game servers.
Basically focusing on the technology behind them, how to secure them
(both from cheaters/griefers and from actual dedicated attackers), the
culture around running servers, and whatever else I have time to cover.

http://www.notacon.org/speakers.html#Potter

has more info on it.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if any of the folks on this list had any best
of/worst of stories, quotes, or feelings they'd like to share. If so,
feel free to send me details off list... cuz I'd hate to negatively
impact the signal to noise ratio on this list ;)

I also hope to be doing a deeper dive into the security aspect of game
servers at the Blackhat conference in Vegas later this year, FYI, in
case folks are interested.

thanks

bruce