I'm a bit confused by the part of the talk where you state that giving
people rcon is essentially giving them shell access to the server.  I'm
not aware of any built in way of executing commands on the system.  Yes,
you can write config and demo files, but there's not much you can do
with those.  If you run an addon that allows you to use the system()
call, or you give someone FTP access to the server, then they can easily
get a shell, but with stock TF2/HL2 I'm not aware of any method to do that.

- Brian Rak