From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Milton Ngan
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:39 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] L4D2 server requirements

CPU shouldn't be much of an issue. Each game takes on average 10-15% of a core.
There are obviously spikes that go higher. 8 player games don't actually take
much more CPU than a 1 player game because the server is doing less AI work.

On these servers, I have between 200-300 people playing at a time. This is very
similar to the player numbers we see when running TF servers, except we run far
fewer TF instances on the same hardware.

Memory is still an important factor, because if you run out of RAM, then you
will swap and your games will hitch due to I/O latency.

M.