This is a disturbing trend that seems to be gaining hold with recent and
upcomming games; the removal of the dedicated server component from
multiplayer. I assume they are doing this purely to cut
development/maintenance time and therefore cost but it goes a long way to
prevent many players from even being able to play online.

>From the best internet connection i can get at home i can host no more then
5 people on a team fortress 2 dedicated server, even with the best netcode
optimization i cannot see how many people, at least in this country, could
host large games on their home connection.

/end rant.