Same for DoD:S. If you enter only "setmaster" in the console you will
see that NONE is set by defeault. I did as valve recomends if you do it
against their advice not to manually add the server. Still no success.
Later I saw one of the servers on the list and checked. The ports for
the masters where diferent but the IPs the same. Currently I have this
in my server.cfgs and all of them are listed:

setmaster add 216.207.205.99:27011
setmaster add 216.207.205.98:27011
setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com
setmaster enable 216.207.205.99:27011
setmaster enable 216.207.205.98:27011
setmaster enable hl2master.steampowered.com
heartbeat

Please note that valve reccomends against this method. but at least it
is working (for now)