I think that sourcemod could do that, but it would not fix anything if valve
does not relax the limit on the status command.

Allan

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Saul Rennison
Sent: October-26-10 2:02 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] status (Eric Riemers)

Precisely. I'm sure even Quake 3 had such an anti-spam feature, something
like "command overflow" kick when someone spams too many console commands.
Come to think of it, no console commands that are sent to the server need to
be used more than once a second, then if more than 50 are used in 5 seconds,
kick the damn client.

Wait... couldn't someone implement this in a SourceMod addon?

Thanks,
 - Saul.