It would be awesome to see valve locking some of those stupid
cmdrate/updaterate/interp vars too - most people don't have a clue
what they do exactly, they just think "higher is better".
Also, why does everyone think "rate 25000" is enough for a 2mbit
connection? I have set mine to '999999' as it's just a limit - i have
never seen source exceede 80kbyte/s, which would even fit into a 1mbit
connection.