Since people are talking about implementing ipv6, I thought I'd bring
this up as a more urgent improvement.

Servers can change IPs from time to time due to a decline in quality
of the host or datacenter, or to move to better hardware at a better
price.

Unfortunately it is my experience, and probably many others here, that
when you switch IPs, you will lose the vast majority of your player
base. I've tried mitigating this by putting up the new IP on the name
of the old server or automatically spamming it repeatedly in the chat,
and it just doesn't work very well. I still get people asking me a
month later where my server went, and that's only the people that
bothered to friend me.

By being able to favorite a server by domain name, the player
experience would improve by not forcing them to re-add IP addresses or
search through 2000 servers to find the new one in case they missed
all the signs.