Better archiving is good, I don't think the archives are public either
(other than the unofficial scraping forums), which they should be. Happened
more than once that i show fellow admins something from this mailing list,
and a open archive would let them follow the discussion.

I'm happy with keeping the mailing list around. Though I admit it's a little
hidden away, easy to overlook as a new admin.