Yeah, in an overclocked system it attempts to underclock the processor
back to its base frequency, which can at best removes the whole point
of an overclock, and at worse causes severe instability.
But as was stated, if you havnt overclocked the machine I don't see
why it would effect performance. In fact it would probably increase
performance.