Glad to hear that.  Thanks for the update, Fletch.

On 1/4/2012 2:24 PM, Fletcher Dunn wrote:
I wanted to pass on the news that we believe we have identified the cause of
the steam auth timeouts that cause groups of players to all get disconnected
drop at once.  (No, we had not forgotten about it!)

The details of the bug are pretty complicated, but essentially if a client
dropped from Steam under the right circumstances, and then later reconnected
and presented a previously claimed ticket to the authentication system, the
authentication would not properly receive the ticket, and it would keep waiting
for a claimed ticket to be presented.  No such ticket would appear, since the
client properly assumed that he had already sent it.  Eventually the auth
system gives up, and sends a timeout.  While the problem essentially happens on
an individual player basis, it can happen in batches because multiple clients
are often connected to the same front-facing server (the CM), and those servers
(by design) are in the most hostile environment and are the most subject to
bouncing.  If one of those servers goes down, then from Steam's perspective,
all of those players will get disconnected simultaneously.

The fix should make its way to public within the next week or two.

Thanks for everybody's patience in enduring this really irritating bug.  And
especially to those who submitted the bug reports that enabled us to track this
down.

Your humble servant,
Fletch