In light of the upcoming tf2 server switch to steampipe, I'm working on a new server setup which is symlinked, and I have a question I hope someone here can answer. Skip down two paragraphs to go straight to it, or read on for background on what I'm trying to do.

Background: What I ultimately want to do is have several tf2 server directories (e.g. server1, server2, server3) which all have symlinks to the files in a single "master" directory to which updates are downloaded. These servers (1, 2 and 3) can then be customized as to their mapcycles/configs/etc, but don't use much additional disk space for each new install.

My question pertains to addons, specifically SM/MM). I recall reading about some of this, but can't seem to hit the right combination of keywords to find it again via google.

Here goes - Symlinking Sourcemod and Metamod: Can components of these (esp. plugins, configs) be symlinked or is it necessary to have a unique copy for each server?

Also, is 232250 the final appid for tf2 steamcmd or will that become 440 at the actual switchover? Sorry if that's been answered before.

Thanks!