I'm running replays on three servers 24/7 and haven't received complaints.
 We've been using them since released and haven't turned them off besides
for the FTP bug at the beginning with threads.

That's maybe a difference -- we are using a FTP offload server. Are you?

We clean up the FTP server nightly deleting replays over 14 days old.