Not that it was necessary to say so, but although I sound snarky I am
anything but. People make comments, I make responses, not sarcasm. So, to
respond to an earlier comment about how long ive probably run
servers...about 8 years. I started soon after TF2 came out.

I have a love/hate relationship with quickplay. In my opinion it should
have either been added before the game was released or never at all.
Quickplay started murdering community servers the moment it was mentioned.
PC/Mac/Linux TF2 vs console was by far superior and the community servers
made it that way. Matchmaking just made the game more like everything else.
The good ones who do it right inspire people to be creative. They help form
friendships and, in some cases, the complete opposite. I dont hold a grudge
tho, cuz im sure at least one person wanted that watered down experience.
And yes it sucks that what they ended up doing was potentially blocking new
players from finding quickplay renditions of community servers. I never got
around to using quickplay to lure in new players, i had very good success
just doing it the old fashioned way, by having a gun server that fostered
friendships and created loyalties. I am in the process of repairing my
remaining server after months of asshats ruining it, coming back to my
earlier comment about that percentage of assholes that ruin the game.
Anyways, I try to keep an open mind and a positive attitude. I disagree
with quickplay completely specifically for the reason that they could have
gone about it a different way that was less...invasive. but it's too late
now... or forever ago.