You're aware of alt right click, right?

Sent from my HTC

-----Original Message-----
From: Spektre <spekt...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, 26 June 2010 10:52 PM
To: Discussion of Half-Life Mapping <hlmappers@list.valvesoftware.com>
Subject: [hlmappers] Texture alignment

Ok, this one is driving me insane. I'm looking at the brushwork in the later
outlands maps in EP2, especially in outland_10, around the White Forest Inn
battle. The switchbacks and the curves in the road... I CANNOT for the life
of me figure out how they managed to get texture alignment on the non-grid
perpendicular and arbitrarily shaped road brushes. Is there some trick for
clamping the UVs on a brush face in place? Most of the stuff I'm seeing is
all vertex manipulated. Is it just re-aligned after the fact?
I'm trying to accomplish a similar effect on a map I'm making, and the
manual texture alignment is going to give me carpal tunnel. As well, can
anyone else verify what the difference between left/right click on Align to
View is? Left appears to assign default scale and shift, and right assigns
whatever is actually defined in the Face Edit Sheet. Does this seem
accurate? I wanted to note it in the wiki, but wanted confirmation.