Op 26 nov. 2011, om 03:17 heeft Russ White het volgende geschreven:

>> TRILL is not an IP routing protocol. It's a layer 2 bridging protocol more
>> complicated than the spanning tree, and seems completely unnecessary for
>> the small size of bridged networks to be expected in homenets.
>
> What might actually be ideal is something that can route both at layer 2
> and at layer 3 --I.e., that can treat layer 2 and layer 3 within the
> home identically...

Yes, route VLANs. It makes sense to bind equivalent L2 links to a single L3
link. Dummies are faced the fact that broadcasts on home link and guest link
simply works. No need for new protocols, L3 multicast and app upgrades.

As long as dual stack is in use, dummies don't understand different
topologies for the stacks. They should not be aware of dual stack in the
first place.

Teco