Op 31 jan. 2014, om 09:56 heeft Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org> het volgende
geschreven:

> Teco,
>
>> I can see reasons for having shared sub-layer for routing protocol and
>> prefix distribution protocol. As example, in MANET we have such already: RFC
>> 5444 and 5498. If we define a set of TLVs for border router information and
>> prefix distribution, it can run on whatever routing protocol. Don't forget
>> BGP.
>>
>> For Homenet plug&play, I don't suggest to let configure grandma her favorite
>> IGP ;)
>
> doesn't that mean we have to pick one?

At least one, for Homenet. Could be OSPF for high speed links, RPL for LLN, or
OLSRv2 for mix of wireless and wired links including ad hoc radio links.

There is something common on prefix distribution in Homenet, small office/home
office networks, branch office networks, ad hoc networks and even in enterprise
/ campus networks. The prefix distribution protocol could be a single protocol.
We better not try to converge to a single routing protocol.

Teco