On 15/02/14 10:35, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Simon Kelley <si...@thekelleys.org.uk
<mailto:si...@thekelleys.org.uk>> wrote:

    This technique is useful for all the _existing_ systems that only do
    EUI64 SLAAC, I don't think it's something we should do going forward.

Which ones are those, though? I mean - we can certainly write this up as
is, but if it doesn't work on Windows, Mac OS, or iOS, then... how much
use will it be in the real world?

The obvious answer is Android, which is what it was originally implemented for. I think the three platforms you mention have have DHCPv6 support, Android doesn't, or at least didn't: I'm not sure about the latest releases.