Randy Turner <rtur...@amalfisystems.com> wrote:
    > Are we assuming that the home router is purchased retail, and not
    > "fulfilled" or provided by an ISP? The method to establish trust
    > relationships would hinge on the answer

1) if there only one home router from the ISP, then there is no problem.
2) ISP-provided router has to be willing to trust retail purchased router,
   or nothing works.
3) ISP-A-provided router has to be willing to trust ISP-fullfilled router
   from ISP-B-provided router.

If you have secrets (including WPA-PSK keys) that are on your ISP-fullfilled
router, that you want to keep secret from your ISP, then you lost.
If you don't trust your ISP, then you can't use your ISP provided router.

So the answer does *not* hinge on the answer.
It has to work, and I think we can make it work.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-