On 9/23/14, 1:07 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:
Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
     >> 2) ISP-provided router has to be willing to trust retail purchased
router,
     >> or nothing works.

     > So what about the other way around? To what degrees should my homenet
trust
     > ISP-maintained CPE?

That's up to you.  Seriously.
Your ISP-maintained CPE totally p0wns your network.  If you don't trust them,
even just a little bit, then you can't use their equipment.

And there's nothing we can do about that, even if we define a boundary
such that they are outside it?

Do they *have* to participate in the IGP in order for homenet routing to work?

I'm no expert here, but it seems to me that the normal first hop ISP router doesn't
have these characteristics of p0nwage for in-home traffic?

Mike